We are receiving applications for 2018/2019. Applications will be processed as they become complete and you will be notified as to whether or not your child is “eligible for admission” for 2018/2019. Because our classes are currently full, we are unable to make firm offers in most instances until we know of families who will be leaving at the end of the school year. We will begin gathering this data in March of 2018. If the review of your completed application package indicates a child “eligible for admission,” you will be notified and asked if you wish your child placed on the Waiting List. (See details of the Waiting List below.)
Children whose complete application package has been reviewed and are “eligible for admission” but with no space in the grade or the program needed, may, at parent’s request, be put on a Waiting List. It is impossible to predict when or if a place will become available.
When space becomes available in a particular grade and/or program, enrollment offers are made according to the priorities below:
- Current CAISL re-enrolling students
- Students whose parents are US Government employees.
- Students who are coming from American or American International Schools.
- Students who are coming from schools whose primary language of instruction is English.
- Students who are linguistically unable to attend a school whose instructional language is Portuguese.
- Students who are linguistically able to attend a school whose instructional language is Portuguese.