Currently all of our grades are full. While we encourage interested families to apply, please note that we are not able to offer spaces unless a current family transfers out. If the review of your completed application package indicates a child “eligible for admission” but there is no space in the grade or program, you may choose to have us put your child in the “Wait Pool.”
Children whose complete application package has been reviewed and are “eligible for admission” but with no space in the grade or the program needed, may, at parent’s request, be put in the Wait Pool. It is impossible to predict when or if a place will become available.
When space becomes available in a particular grade and/or program, the applications of every child in the Wait Pool are reconsidered and offers are made based on the academic/behavioral records submitted.
An additional factor in making enrollment offers is the list of priorities below:
- Current CAISL re-enrolling students
- Students whose parents are US Government employees.
- Students who are coming from American or American International Schools.
- Students who are coming from schools whose primary language of instruction is English.
- Students who are linguistically unable to attend a school whose instructional language is Portuguese.
- Students who are linguistically able to attend a school whose instructional language is Portuguese.
How to Apply
Prospective parents and students are always welcome to visit the school before or after they apply. To schedule a visit, please call us at +351 219 239 800 or send an email to email@example.com
CAISL Requires the following information for an application to be considered:
- Complete the Application For Admission*
- Provide the most recent three years of school records (if applicable due to age).--records from the current school year and the previous two years. These can be sent to our offices directly.
- Other Information - If such exist, copies of current or most recent educational-psychological testing and/or individual educational plans must also be submitted.
* If a paper format is more convenient for you, you may download it here.
As an international school, CAISL has students entering and leaving at all points during the school year. Therefore, we have “rolling admissions” which means that students can be accepted and can enter at any point in the school year. Ideally, for ease of academic and social transition, entry at the beginning of an academic “quarter” or the “semester” is ideal but not required.
Decisions on whether or not to admit a child are made by a team consisting of a member of the Admissions Team, the Elementary or Secondary Principal (as appropriate), and the Director. Other specialists (Learning Support/Special Needs, English for Speakers of Other Languages, International Baccalaureate Coordinator, School Nurse, for example) are part of the decision as needed. Communication about applications and the decisions are via the Admissions Team.
In considering the application for admission, the decision is based on two factors:
Please review our Application Process:
For students who are not native speakers of English and who wish admission into CAISL´s High School, please refer to our guidelines here.