CAISL Community Information Page
Last updated September 22, 11:43p.m.
This information page was created to consolidate in one page all the relevant information for parents during this period. We will update it regularly as new data is received about this rapidly changing situation.
CAISL students are back for the 2020-2021 school year.
Only CAISL students and employees, and employees of our outsourced companies will be allowed to enter the school buildings. No visits allowed on campus.
October 7th - Director's Updates
- Upcoming events adapted to current health measures
- Health safety measures in layers
September 30th - Director's Updates
- Travel outside of Portugal
- CAISL covid-19 flowchart
September 23rd - Director's Updates
- Heading into Fall and Winter
- Infection Rates
- Keeping up with Precautionary absences
September 16th - Director's Updates
- Rumor (and Emotion) Control
- Calendar changes approved by the Board of Trustees
- Thank you to Parents
September 9th - Director's Updates
- Calendar changes under consideration and half day turning into a full day
- Breaking Bubbles
- Open Houses
September 2nd - Welcome Back
- Welcome Back to returning families
- Arrival and Departure challenges and how to overcome.
- CAISL steps at Virus Mitigation
August 26th - Start of the School Year
- Details regarding the essentials for the start of the school year.
August 11th - Student Laptop pick-up & more on School Start
- Laptop pick-up for students between Grades 3 and 12
- "Bubble" class placement
August 4th - A Look Ahead to September 2020
- an early plan for classes' start safely on campus
June 17th - 20th and FINAL Notice of the 19/20 School Year
- Thank you to Parents
- Situation in Portugal
- Closing the 2019-2020 School Year
- Starting the 2020-2021 School Year
(To access previous notices, please go to the parent portal)
Learn any new information about this school year:
- Parent Essentials for the School Year
- Flowchart: information on what to do in the case a child is sick or has been in contact with someone with COVID-19 (presumed or confirmed). This flowchart was created with as much information as we currently have and is subject to change.
- Photos of Mitigation Strategies to enhance campus safety for children and adults
Learn about our community during last year - CAISL was always connected!
- For members within our community, please login here.
- For members outside of our community, follow this link. Due to privacy reasons, we cannot grant access to the photos, but you can still browse through comments.
- Middle Schoolers put together some focus time guides. Listen to them below:
- During Advisories MS students generated ideas on how to manage “self-isolation/Class@Home". See the result here.
- Schools are now required to keep track of any out-of-Portugal travel by any member of the community—parents, students, staff. Here is the link to the survey.
- Looking for some additional fun activities to do at home with the children? Browse this list for some ideas.
If you or your child develops any of the symptoms (there is even the most minimal fever or if a cough develops), you are advised to call 808 24 24 24 (SNS24) for advice and to report your condition. (You will hear an options menu in Portuguese. Click "1 "and we have been assured that you will get a person who can speak English.) Also, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PhD students at the Champalimaud Foundation decided to create an online document to centralize information and keep updating the measures the Portuguese Government is implementing - translated to English. Please note this is not an official document, it is a volunteering service from PhD students. Thank you to them for this service! In their words: “As a big disclaimer, we are trying to be as accurate as we can - if you are following the measures, let us know if we have made any mistakes, and or if you want to help, just drop us an email and we'll add you to the team that edits the document.”