CAISL Community Information Page
Last updated June 19th, 7:38a.m.
This information page was created to consolidate in one page all the relevant information for parents during this period. We will update it regularly as new data is received about this rapidly changing situation.
CAISL is currently closed for the Summer.
During this time there are strict restrictions for accessing the campus.
August 4th - A Look Ahead to September 2020
- an early plan for classes' start safely on campus
June 17th - 20th and FINAL Notice of the 19/20 School Year
- Thank you to Parents
- Situation in Portugal
- Closing the 2019-2020 School Year
- Starting the 2020-2021 School Year
(To access previous notices, please go to the parent portal)
Learn about our community during these troubled times - CAISL is connected!
- For members within our community, please login here.
- For members outside of our community, follow this link. Due to privacy reasons, we cannot grant access to the photos, but you can still browse through comments.
- Middle Schoolers put together some focus time guides. Listen to them below:
- During Advisories MS students generated ideas on how to manage “self-isolation/Class@Home". See the result here.
- Schools are now required to keep track of any out-of-Portugal travel by any member of the community—parents, students, staff. Here is the link to the survey.
- Looking for some additional fun activities to do at home with the children? Browse this list for some ideas.
If you or your child develops any of the symptoms (there is even the most minimal fever or if a cough develops), you are advised to call 808 24 24 24 (SNS24) for advice and to report your condition. (You will hear an options menu in Portuguese. Click "1 "and we have been assured that you will get a person who can speak English.) Also, please let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org).
PhD students at the Champalimaud Foundation decided to create an online document to centralize information and keep updating the measures the Portuguese Government is implementing - translated to English. Please note this is not an official document, it is a volunteering service from PhD students. Thank you to them for this service! In their words: “As a big disclaimer, we are trying to be as accurate as we can - if you are following the measures, let us know if we have made any mistakes, and or if you want to help, just drop us an email and we'll add you to the team that edits the document.”