CAISL as Testing Center
College Board Exams (SAT and Advanced Placement) and ACT exams.
REQUIREMENTS AND PROCESS FOR SAT AND AP EXAM SCORE VALIDATION
The Director of CAISL, Blannie Curtis, is authorized to validate SAT and AP test results for external students applying to Portuguese universities. There is no charge for this service.
- Students must have received a High School diploma from an American or American International High School DGE needs to grant equivalência before the SAT or AP can be validated. The process for those living in Portugal (whether Portuguese or not) can be found at this site.
- Although CAISL can validate any SAT or AP exam, CNAES will determine if the exam is accepted as substitute for a “prova” required for entry into Portuguese Universities. CAISL is not involved in this process.
- CAISL also does not do the conversion of the SAT/AP score to the Portuguese system. CNAES does that.
FOR THE VALIDATION
Validation needs to be done in person by the student who received the High School Diploma and took the SAT/AP. At the meeting, the following must be shown:
- Proof of identification (passport or other government-issued ID)
- Certificate of equivalência of the American High School Diploma from DGE.
- Original or authenticated copy of the transcript of courses taken and the grades/credits earned from the American High School the student attended.
- A printout of the score report, available at the College Board site under the student’s account log-in. (The student also needs to have with him/her the log-in information should it be necessary to verify the authenticity of the data.)
- If you wish to ensure that the SAT/AP can be validated prior to the meeting, please email scanned copies of the above documents.